Listed building outline
Stables And Other Ancillary Buildings Immeadiately North West Of Gramercy Hall School
Field | Value | Fact links |
---|---|---|
Reference | 383553 | Facts |
Prefix | listed-building-outline | Facts |
Name | Stables And Other Ancillary Buildings Immeadiately North West Of Gramercy Hall School | Facts |
Dataset | Listed building outline | no fact link |
Organisation | Torbay Council | no fact link |
Start date | 1949-10-17 | no fact link |
End date | no fact link | |
Entry date | 1949-10-17 | Facts |
Typology | geography | no fact link |
Geometry |
MULTIPOLYGON (((-3.545513 50.385174, -3.545455 50.385193, -3.545498 50.385248, -3.545586 50.385299, -3.545652 50.385309, -3.545778 50.385283, -3.545643 50.385131, -3.545607 50.385144, -3.545392 50.38488, -3.545591 50.384816, -3.545546 50.384759, -3.545362 50.384819, -3.545354 50.384812, -3.545145 50.384881, -3.545198 50.384945, -3.545297 50.384914, -3.545513 50.385174)))
|
Facts |
Point |
POINT (-3.54548 50.38504)
|
Facts |
Dataset name | Facts | |
Notes | Stables, coach house, brew house, kennels and other outbuildings. Probably c1772. Altered and enlarged by George Wightwick c1843. Solid walls of stone rubble, part-painted, part-rendered. Slated roofs, some hipped chimneys with cornices, as on the house. Plan: a long range of stables with coach house at right-hand end. Attached to latter at right-angles is what is believed to have been a brew house, now the school gymnasium. Standing forward in the front curtilage at either end is a small house; these appear to have been linked originally by a range since demolished. The right-hand house is linked to the stables and brew house, probably part of the coach house. The left-hand house and the left end of the stables are abutted by a courtyard of what are reported to have been kennels. Exterior: single-storeyed; the houses with garrets. Stables and coach house have 11-bay front. Round-arched main doorway with plain imposts, archivolt and keystone; top entablature and blocking-course. 3 segmental-headed windows with keystones at either side; 2-light wood casements with transom-lights, those to right with 3 panes per light. At right-hand end 2 round-arched openings to coach house; plain imposts, archivolt and keystone, except that right-hand opening mutilated. Left-hand obscured by added lean-to. The houses have 3-bay fronts, the bays flanked and separated by Doric pilasters supporting an entablature with triangular pediment. Centre window with blank panel over; semicircular window in pediment. Right-hand house has 2 blocked windows and a plank door in right side wall. Left-hand house, ruinous at time of survey, has had window converted into a door and windows inserted into the side-bays. Brew house has 2 windows and 2 doorways (1 converted into a window) in the side wall facing the house; original windows have small-paned glazing, that to right with 6-paned sashes. Kennels have 2 ruined buildings flanking the entrance from the stable yard, and 2 more flanking the entrance on the opposing side. To the north-east is an arc of 8 cells with paired doorways having arches of red brick; C20 flat concrete roof. Large granite trough in front of them. To the south-west is an open space walled on the outside which contains the footings of a small square building. (The Buildings of England: Cherry B: Devon (2nd edition): 1989-: 883). Listing NGR: SX9022855037 | Facts |
Listed building | 1293114 | Facts |
Available Code Snippets:
{
"reference": "383553",
"prefix": "listed-building-outline",
"name": "Stables And Other Ancillary Buildings Immeadiately North West Of Gramercy Hall School",
"dataset": "listed-building-outline",
"organisation-entity": "344",
"start-date": "1949-10-17",
"end-date": "",
"entry-date": "1949-10-17",
"typology": "geography",
"geometry": "MULTIPOLYGON (((-3.545513 50.385174, -3.545455 50.385193, -3.545498 50.385248, -3.545586 50.385299, -3.545652 50.385309, -3.545778 50.385283, -3.545643 50.385131, -3.545607 50.385144, -3.545392 50.38488, -3.545591 50.384816, -3.545546 50.384759, -3.545362 50.384819, -3.545354 50.384812, -3.545145 50.384881, -3.545198 50.384945, -3.545297 50.384914, -3.545513 50.385174)))",
"point": "POINT (-3.54548 50.38504)",
"entity": 42147578,
"dataset-name": "",
"notes": "Stables, coach house, brew house, kennels and other outbuildings. Probably c1772. Altered and enlarged by George Wightwick c1843. Solid walls of stone rubble, part-painted, part-rendered. Slated roofs, some hipped chimneys with cornices, as on the house. Plan: a long range of stables with coach house at right-hand end. Attached to latter at right-angles is what is believed to have been a brew house, now the school gymnasium. Standing forward in the front curtilage at either end is a small house; these appear to have been linked originally by a range since demolished. The right-hand house is linked to the stables and brew house, probably part of the coach house. The left-hand house and the left end of the stables are abutted by a courtyard of what are reported to have been kennels. Exterior: single-storeyed; the houses with garrets. Stables and coach house have 11-bay front. Round-arched main doorway with plain imposts, archivolt and keystone; top entablature and blocking-course. 3 segmental-headed windows with keystones at either side; 2-light wood casements with transom-lights, those to right with 3 panes per light. At right-hand end 2 round-arched openings to coach house; plain imposts, archivolt and keystone, except that right-hand opening mutilated. Left-hand obscured by added lean-to. The houses have 3-bay fronts, the bays flanked and separated by Doric pilasters supporting an entablature with triangular pediment. Centre window with blank panel over; semicircular window in pediment. Right-hand house has 2 blocked windows and a plank door in right side wall. Left-hand house, ruinous at time of survey, has had window converted into a door and windows inserted into the side-bays. Brew house has 2 windows and 2 doorways (1 converted into a window) in the side wall facing the house; original windows have small-paned glazing, that to right with 6-paned sashes. Kennels have 2 ruined buildings flanking the entrance from the stable yard, and 2 more flanking the entrance on the opposing side. To the north-east is an arc of 8 cells with paired doorways having arches of red brick; C20 flat concrete roof. Large granite trough in front of them. To the south-west is an open space walled on the outside which contains the footings of a small square building. (The Buildings of England: Cherry B: Devon (2nd edition): 1989-: 883). Listing NGR: SX9022855037",
"listed-building": "1293114"
}
Loading...
© Crown copyright and database right 2025
Licensed under the Open Government Licence v.3.0.
Geographical area
Help improve this data
Give feedback on this dataset, or email your questions and corrections to digitalland@communities.gov.uk.