Listed building outline
Nos 24 And 26 Church House Including Front Garden Wall
Field | Value | Fact links |
---|---|---|
Reference | 383539 | Facts |
Prefix | listed-building-outline | Facts |
Name | Nos 24 And 26 Church House Including Front Garden Wall | Facts |
Dataset | Listed building outline | no fact link |
Organisation | Torbay Council | no fact link |
Start date | 1949-10-17 | no fact link |
End date | no fact link | |
Entry date | 1949-10-17 | Facts |
Typology | geography | no fact link |
Geometry |
MULTIPOLYGON (((-3.515334 50.392929, -3.515441 50.39304, -3.515539 50.393158, -3.515552 50.393153, -3.515399 50.39298, -3.515344 50.392927, -3.515334 50.392929)), ((-3.515325 50.393039, -3.515319 50.393086, -3.515366 50.393152, -3.515322 50.393166, -3.515348 50.393203, -3.515403 50.393186, -3.515414 50.393201, -3.515505 50.39317, -3.515398 50.393018, -3.515325 50.393039)))
|
Facts |
Point |
POINT (-3.515405 50.393108)
|
Facts |
Dataset name | Facts | |
Notes | Pair of cottages, No.26 now used as Church House. Probably early C18 with minor early C19 alterations. Solid roughcast walls. Slated roof. Large roughcast chimneys with tapered caps on right gable-end and on party-wall between Nos 24 & 26. No.26 has 2-room plan, the left-hand room considerably the larger. Single-flight staircase between the rooms, opening directly from front door. One long meeting room on upper floor. No.24 single-fronted. 2 storeys. 6 windows wide; 2 of them at No.24, four at No.26. Six-panelled doors with 4-paned fanlights; flat moulded hoods on long shaped brackets, the hood at No.26 significantly the larger. Original door at No.24 with flush bottom panels, the top panels now glazed; door at No.26 is a late C20 replacement. Windows have box-framed barred sashes; 6 over 6 panes at No.24, 8 over 8 panes at No.26. The 2 upper-storey windows at No.24 have moulded flush-frames; other frames are plain, with those at No.26 slightly recessed. Coved moulded eaves-cornice. Rear wall has small-paned sashes. INTERIOR: ground-floor rooms at No.26 have panelled shutters. Left-hand room has fireplace with moulded cornice; right-hand room also reported to have old fireplace. Stair has wooden gallery balustrade with thin square balusters; oblong-section newel with moulded top. At head of stair an old cupboard with plank door and strap-hinges. First-floor room has fireplace with moulded cornice. Exposed feet of roof-trusses boarded in. 4-panelled doors throughout the house. No.24 not inspected. Subsidiary features: Low stone rubble garden wall with rendered chamfered coping; original railings. Rendered piers with pyramidal caps. To right of the house, fronting a side-garden, the wall rises to a height of approx 1.75m. Listing NGR: SX9237955909 | Facts |
Listed building | 1195169 | Facts |
Available Code Snippets:
{
"reference": "383539",
"prefix": "listed-building-outline",
"name": "Nos 24 And 26 Church House Including Front Garden Wall",
"dataset": "listed-building-outline",
"organisation-entity": "344",
"start-date": "1949-10-17",
"end-date": "",
"entry-date": "1949-10-17",
"typology": "geography",
"geometry": "MULTIPOLYGON (((-3.515334 50.392929, -3.515441 50.39304, -3.515539 50.393158, -3.515552 50.393153, -3.515399 50.39298, -3.515344 50.392927, -3.515334 50.392929)), ((-3.515325 50.393039, -3.515319 50.393086, -3.515366 50.393152, -3.515322 50.393166, -3.515348 50.393203, -3.515403 50.393186, -3.515414 50.393201, -3.515505 50.39317, -3.515398 50.393018, -3.515325 50.393039)))",
"point": "POINT (-3.515405 50.393108)",
"entity": 42147564,
"dataset-name": "",
"notes": "Pair of cottages, No.26 now used as Church House. Probably early C18 with minor early C19 alterations. Solid roughcast walls. Slated roof. Large roughcast chimneys with tapered caps on right gable-end and on party-wall between Nos 24 & 26. No.26 has 2-room plan, the left-hand room considerably the larger. Single-flight staircase between the rooms, opening directly from front door. One long meeting room on upper floor. No.24 single-fronted. 2 storeys. 6 windows wide; 2 of them at No.24, four at No.26. Six-panelled doors with 4-paned fanlights; flat moulded hoods on long shaped brackets, the hood at No.26 significantly the larger. Original door at No.24 with flush bottom panels, the top panels now glazed; door at No.26 is a late C20 replacement. Windows have box-framed barred sashes; 6 over 6 panes at No.24, 8 over 8 panes at No.26. The 2 upper-storey windows at No.24 have moulded flush-frames; other frames are plain, with those at No.26 slightly recessed. Coved moulded eaves-cornice. Rear wall has small-paned sashes. INTERIOR: ground-floor rooms at No.26 have panelled shutters. Left-hand room has fireplace with moulded cornice; right-hand room also reported to have old fireplace. Stair has wooden gallery balustrade with thin square balusters; oblong-section newel with moulded top. At head of stair an old cupboard with plank door and strap-hinges. First-floor room has fireplace with moulded cornice. Exposed feet of roof-trusses boarded in. 4-panelled doors throughout the house. No.24 not inspected. Subsidiary features: Low stone rubble garden wall with rendered chamfered coping; original railings. Rendered piers with pyramidal caps. To right of the house, fronting a side-garden, the wall rises to a height of approx 1.75m. Listing NGR: SX9237955909",
"listed-building": "1195169"
}
Loading...
© Crown copyright and database right 2025
Licensed under the Open Government Licence v.3.0.
Geographical area
Help improve this data
Give feedback on this dataset, or email your questions and corrections to digitalland@communities.gov.uk.